[mythtv-users] down sizing

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 00:36:13 UTC 2014

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 11:39 AM, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net> wrote:

> On 11/12/14 15:25, Jim wrote:
>
>> On 12/11/2014 9:40 AM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
>>

>>> On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 5:39 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org
>>> <mailto:eric at lisaneric.org>> wrote:
>>>
>>>     On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 5:06 PM, Daryl McDonald
>>>     <darylangela at gmail.com <mailto:darylangela at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>>     > I got a little further with a different recording, 1:13 of 1:30
>>>     but it
>>>     > terminated, see log at:
>>>     >
>>>     > http://paste.ubuntu.com/9467715/
>>>
>>>     "See mythburn.log for more information."
>>>
>>>     Anything interesting in mythburn.log?
>>>
>>>     Eric
>>>

>>> Eric, that paste was "mythburn.log"
>>>

>> Line 293 of your log shows the exact command that failed.
>> Perhaps you should execute that from the command line and see if it
>> returns any useful information.
>>
>> --
>> Jim
>>
>>  One question: did you really intend to create a PAL (50 Hz) DVD?
>
> Frontend setup > Media settings > Archive files settings > Video format
>
> and line 288 looks suspicious, since just above you have two audio streams.
>
> Video id: 0x1e0, Audio1: [1] 0x80 (AC3, N/A), Audio2: [-1] - 0x-1 (N/A,
> N/A)
>
> If you don't want them both this, early on in the process, might help:
>
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/RemoveExtraAudioStreams
>
> John

Well, I'm totally lost here. I transcoded the two recordings, Toy Story and
Toy Story 2, and got the same results, the first 27 minutes of Toy Story
and and 72 minutes of Toy Story 2 and failure. So I tried a SD recording
including burning the DVD and the log says it failed (complaint being "only
two arguments allowed and four given" or some such) but the DVD plays the
entire movie, Stewart Little. So I guess, for now the grandkids get SD
DVD's and they can watch HD here.
Myth archive is the only plugin that I have activated, do I need others?
Maybe I should remove and reinstall?

No, I didn't intend to create a PAL (50 Hz) DVD, that is just what the
system gave me.     Daryl