[mythtv-users] Poor sync on Peter Pan Live

William Jacoby bonelifer at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 20:06:55 UTC 2014

On 12/6/2014 1:57 PM, Dick Steffens wrote:
> On 12/06/2014 11:42 AM, Peter Bennett (cats22) wrote:
>> On 12/06/2014 01:20 AM, Dick Steffens wrote:
>>> Did anyone else record/watch Peter Pan Live yesterday (in the US)?
>>> Setting aside artistic criticism, did anyone else notice the audio out
>>> of sync with the video?
>> I just checked it - I agree it is out of sync. You can use the mythtv
>> menu, adjust audio sync. It seems setting forward 100ms is about right.
>> (Press right arrow in audio sync until it shows 100ms).
>
> Very good to know. Thanks.
>
>> This is surprising for such a strongly hyped show.
>
> I thought so, too. I guess a $10 million budget just doesn't go far
> enough these days. :-)
>
>> They are re-broadcasting it in a couple of weeks time. Perhaps they will
>> get it right then.
>
> If I thought the show was worth it I'd give it a second try. Some of
> it was okay, and some was so-so.

Heard on the radio, that people that were watching it LIVE noticed it
was out of sync. They also thought they may have replayed the audio from
a dress rehearsal and just lip-synced. Also said it felt like Walken had
just phoned in the performance. Hopefully they'd redo it before
rebroadcasting it. Due to a already full schedule that day, I put off
recording it, till the second showing.