[mythtv-users] mount recordings

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 04:01:26 UTC 2014

On 08/23/2014 10:29 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 10:51 PM, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> On 12.04 the command returned an enormous list of recordings 400 or so
>> GB's, and yes the second terrabyte is not connected
>>

> Likewise on 14.04 the command returns an enormous list, but myth FE doesn't
> access them, the list is present but circled in red.
> Lately when I boot 14.04, I'm asked if I want to let it update itself, I
> haven't let it nor have I ran mythfilldatabase on 14.04 yet for fear that
> it will borke something on 12.04, maybe updating will bring in the
> recordings?

That makes much more sense. So in 12.04 and 14.04, /media/storage
is mounted. You reported that with Thunar you didn't even see the
directory, so that can just be another mystery. The good news is
that the filesystem is mounted.

At this point, I'd stop the backend (on 14.04) and restart it from
the command line with:

     sudo mythbackend --user mythtv --logpath /tmp -v file

Start the frontend and view the screen with all the red boarders
then exit the frontend and stop the backend with control-c.

Then pastebin the file in /tmp that starts with mythbackend
and maybe someone can spot something in the log.

--
Bill