[mythtv-users] mount recordings

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Sun Aug 24 11:39:46 UTC 2014

On Sun, 24 Aug 2014 04:29:20 +0100, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Likewise on 14.04 the command returns an enormous list, but myth FE
> doesn't access them, the list is present but circled in red.

Probably a permissions issue: the recordings are probably owned by the
"mythtv" user of your 12.04 system, which is unrelated to the "mythtv"
user of your 14.04 system. Post the result of:

find /media  -type d  -ls

and

find /media/storage -name "*.mpg" | head -n 1

> Lately when I boot 14.04, I'm asked if I want to let it update itself, I
> haven't let it nor have I ran mythfilldatabase on 14.04 yet for fear
> that it will >borke something on 12.04, maybe updating will bring in the
> recordings?

Updating or running mythfilldatabase can't affect your 12.04 system, nor
will it resolve the recordings issue. However, it's wise to postpone it
for now. Deleting recordings from the shared /media/storage is the only
thing that will affect your 12.04 system