[mythtv-users] scheduled recordings with DVB-S

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 20 10:03:47 UTC 2014

> On 20 Aug 2014, at 6:48 pm, "Dmitry Zakharov" <dima at zakharka.ru> wrote:
>
> Yes,  TLMSC on 0.24 and _LMSC on 0.25 and above. I was working with 0.24 on ubuntu 10.04 for a long time. About a half year ago i decided to upgrade. Installed 0.27 on ubuntu 12.04 and got the problem mentioned above. I experimented with different version of MythTV and Ubuntu/Debian for a couple of month. Every time I compiled mythtv from the source. And the result was, as i said, _LMSC displayed at the bottom of the screen. And when i reinstalled 0.24, TLMS is back again.
>
> Live TV was runnig pretty well on different versions and it's working on 0.24 now. I could record Live TV. But scheduled recording didn't work on 0.25 and above and it works on 0.24. And i think that there is some connection between _LMSC and scheduled recordings. But i'm not sure with it.

I'm afraid I'm not sure I have much more I can suggest. I would probably recommend doing (on latest fixes/0.27) a delete all Capture Cards / Video Sources / Input Connections (on all hosts) (within mythtv-setup) then re-add everything back in order - but not because I have any particular insight into the issue but because it is probably just a good troubleshooting step when upgrading from 0.24 and IIRC it has helped with similar tuner lock issues in the past.

Or else start from scratch with a clean empty database to eliminate any legacy database issues.

Also maybe run optimize_mythdb.pl to check the database tables http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Optimize_mythdb.pl

> Usually I start mythbackend as a regular user and all storage groups are located in a home direcotry of that regular user. More over, live tv record works well. So it's hardly a permissions problem. And i have storage space enough.

The suggestion was to cover the possibility that your recording folder(s) were different to your livetv folder(s). Is your recordings folder the same as your livetv folder (in your storage group setup)? I don't recall what the default folder locations are.

See http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MySQL_Time_Zone_Tables for details.