[mythtv-users] mythbackend deletes recording extremely fast

Frank Phillips frankalso at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 05:33:39 UTC 2014

On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 1:09 PM, Nicolas Krzywinski <myth at site7even.de>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> some recordings my MythTV box deletes really fast after the recording time
> (slightly over 3 hours). Additionally this is a permanent delete without
> the possibility to recover from the auto expire screen in mythfrontend.
> There are other recordings scheduled for deletion with equal priority that
> are much older!
>
> Does mythbackend treat this recording as LiveTV type? It was no live tv,
> but a "power search" recording rule of weekly type.
> This does not happen arbitrarily for all types of recordings, it does
> happen only to specific recordings ... but I have no clue why?
>

> Thanks in advance for help.
> Nicolas

If you were watching livetv on that channel (13104) when it started
recording, then the recording could have its recording group set as livetv,
which allows it to be deleted like livetv. You don't have to be using the
same tuner.
https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11119

Still, you would have to have a full file system or something for them to
be deleting that fast.