[mythtv-users] scheduling

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Mon Apr 28 00:58:22 UTC 2014

On 28 Apr 2014, at 6:26 am, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:

>> I?ve got a schedule for eg mythbusters to record any time any channel. I?ve got duplicate check set to none.
>> On channel A it records.
>> A later version, which is NOT the same, on channel B says ?Earlier Recording?
>
> Well, it is sort of hard to know with limited details, but
> are you using Schedules Direct for your listing data, and
> if so, are you using the --dd-grab-all flag (it is not unusual
> that future episodes are marked incorrectly until a later
> time; you always want the latest (and hopefully best) data
> that TMS has, and --dd-grab-all updates all the available
> info, not just a limited set of days).
>
> What are the program id's of those showings?

I use only off air EIT. Dunno if it’s uniquely Australian Channels but the EIT can change 1 minute before showing, Title and
Subtitle may be duplicated for different showings eg the Australian GP where a whole day of recordings have the same data or a re-play of a recording where EIT says first time ‘A great show’ but next time says ‘Sebastian Vetel bla bla’

I really want Any Time Any Channel. I’ll prune. With the evolution of scheduling algorithms can I achieve that?

James