[mythtv-users] CentOS and 0.27-fixes (which really just means always-latest)

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Apr 23 12:00:01 UTC 2014

Hi,

So, now that the new Ubuntu LTS (Trusty) is out it's time for me to
decide if I am going to upgrade to that, or continue on my path towards
shaking off Ubuntu and moving towards RedHat.

I have already moved my laptop and workstation machines to Fedora.  But
in general for non-desktop type machines (i.e. MythTV BE and FEs, LAMP,
mail, etc. servers) I'd rather not be on the 6-monthly upgrade cycle
that comes with Fedora and as such would prefer to run CentOS on those.

The last time I checked though, there was no source of MythTV packages
maintained for CentOS as well as the Mythbuntu team are doing for
Ubuntu.  I don't think there were even 0.27-fixes packages at all even
just a few months ago and even the 0.26-fixes packages I saw were not at
the tip of 0.26-fixes.

Has any of that changed?  Is there a good reliable source of
always-up-to-date 0.27-fixes packages out there anywhere?

Cheers,
b.