[mythtv-users] Upload video cover from mythweb

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 20:44:16 UTC 2014

> On 22 Apr 2014, at 11:10 pm, "Josu Lazkano" <josu.lazkano at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hello all,
>>
>> I want to upload covers from mythweb for my video collection. I can change
>> the title, year, category..., but can't upload the cover image for my
>> videos.
>>
>> There is no error or warning in the apache logs.
>>
>> I have configured a Cover Storage Group in the backend:
>>
>> mysql> SELECT groupname,dirname FROM storagegroup WHERE
>> groupname="Coverart";
>> +-----------+---------------------+
>> | groupname | dirname             |
>> +-----------+---------------------+
>> | Coverart  | /mnt/myth/coverart/ |
>> +-----------+---------------------+
>>
>> The directory has this permissions:
>>
>> # ls -lha /mnt/myth/coverart/
>> total 1.3M
>> drwxrwxrwx  2 mythtv   mythtv     67 Apr 19 17:52 .
>> drwxr-xr-x 12 root     root      153 Apr 20 03:22 ..
>> -rwxrwxrwx  1 mythtv   mythtv   1.1M Apr 19 13:38 68718_coverart.jpg
>> -rwxrwxrwx  1 mythtv   mythtv   230K Apr 19 17:15 cosmos2014.jpg
>> -rwxrwxrwx  1 www-data www-data    0 Apr 19 17:22 test.txt
>>
>> And "www-data" (apache2) is from "mythtv" group:
>>
>> # id www-data
>> uid=33(www-data) gid=33(www-data) groups=33(www-data),999(mythtv)
>>
>> Need I any other configuration in the apache side? Here is my vhost file:
>> http://paste.debian.net/94648/
>>
>> I will appreciate any help.
>>
>> Thanks and best regards.
>>
>> --
>> Josu Lazkano
>

> Hello again,
>
> I can not get it working. I try to change the Storage Group to
> "/var/lib/mythtv/mythweb/data/covers/", but nothing.
>
> I will appreciate any help with this, I don't know what else to try.
>
> Thanks and best regards.
>
> --
> Josu Lazkano

> I'm afraid I just couldn't follow what you were trying to do, I didn't know
> mythweb had cover upload functionality?
>
> On my system the coverart directory is used automatically by
> mythmetadatalookup to store covers it downloads from The TVDB and The Movie
> Database where a valid inetref is populated against recordings and videos.
> The covers then display when browsing recordings and videos depending on the
> theme.
>
> I'm not really sure how mythweb comes into it?
>
> If you want to add covers to The TVDB and The Movie Database you can visit
> their websites and create free accounts that will let you edit and add
> missing information and covers / fan art / banners.

Thanks Mark,

Mythweb has upload option, I never get it working, but it is there.

The problem with automatic metadata update is that most of my movie
collection is in spanish, so it change the title and the description
to english.

Hope someone that use mythweb coulad answer.

About metadata grabber, how could I use the API?, need I change the script?

Thanks and best regards.

--
Josu Lazkano