[mythtv-users] HDHR Prime / Comcast Activation / access = not-subscribed

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Fri Apr 18 15:04:53 UTC 2014

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 10:16 AM, Philip Isaacs <showcasefloyd at gmail.com> wrote:
> I called the number I was given by Comcast for CC activation and that seem
> to work okay, but as I heard that isn't the same as Tier2 support were can
> talk to people who know about the hardware.
>
> Has anyone else has an experience like this. It seems like this something
> incorrect on Comcast's side.

I've read reports from other users in situations like this.  It looks
like your CC is activated on Comcast's network, but may not be
correctly tied to your account.  The problem definitely sounds like an
issue on the Comcast side of things.

Per the wiki:

   http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Configuring_MythTV_for_the_HDHomeRun_Prime

"The direct number to the Comcast CableCARD activation line is
877-405-2298, which should connect you directly to a human. Don't
bother calling the number that your device recommends; that is just
the normal customer service number."

Eric