[mythtv-users] HDHR Prime / Comcast Activation / access = not-subscribed

Philip Isaacs showcasefloyd at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 14:16:57 UTC 2014

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 10:09 AM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 9:05 AM, Philip Isaacs <showcasefloyd at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> So i'm running Mythbuntu .25 and I finally decided to dive in an get an
>> HDHR Prime CC. Also I upgraded the HDHR CC with the latest firmware
>> (20140121).
>>
>> It arrived yesterday and I got it up and running on the mythbox no
>> problem (Mythbuntu already has all the libraries and the HD Homerun Gui
>> installed).
>>
>> Okay, I called up Comcast and it was activated in a couple of minutes.
>> Great! Here's where the trouble starts.
>>
>> I can scan for channels (although I only seem to find HD channels
>> -weird). But when I try to view any channel (using VLC) but I get nothing
>> but a blank/black screen, but both VLC and the Homerun Gui report that
>> packets of data are being sent but not audio or video.
>>
>> Okay, so here is what I think is the problem. The HDHR log tells me that
>> each channel I subscribe to is "access = not-subscribed". Even if it is a
>> channel I am paying for (ie should be authorized). So is this on my end or
>> is it on the Comcast side? Below is most of the data reported to me by the
>> HDHR CC.
>>
>> I did call Comcast (3 times last night) and was able to get someone in
>> Tier 2 support, but I could tell the person I was speaking with had no idea
>> what was wrong.
>>

> The stuff below looked OK, but I hope you called the special CableCard
> number and not the main support number. One of those dummies changed  my
> account from CableCard to STB and even though I called the CC number to
>  get it fixes they said they were locked out of that setting. I finally had
> to get a tech out who gave up and put in a new CC and finally got me going
> again.
>
> Richard

Hey Richard,

I called the number I was given by Comcast for CC activation and that seem
to work okay, but as I heard that isn't the same as Tier2 support were can
talk to people who know about the hardware.

Has anyone else has an experience like this. It seems like this something
incorrect on Comcast's side.

Floyd