[mythtv-users] How to disable MythBuntu auto-mount?

Stephen P. Villano stephen.p.villano at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 06:25:55 UTC 2014

On 4/12/14, 2:22 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> On Friday, April 11, 2014, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com
> <mailto:raymond at wagnerrp.com>> wrote:
>

>     There are cases where mythfrontend will open external X
>     applications. There are cases where not having a window manager
>     causes improper behavior even within mythfrontend itself.  The
>     application is designed and tested under the assumption a window
>     manager will always be present.  When the resource needs of
>     lightweight window managers are so small, what good reason is
>     there to not run one?
>

> Because sometime you can't?
>
> If there's ever any hope for myth to be supported on platforms such as
> Raspberry pi , there will be no choice but to run myth and only myth.
> No window manager, and no X for that matter.

I'm curious. I've not jet got involved with pi, so I'm *really* curious,
how *does* one do without X at all, save for old curses days flat and
single channel displays?*

*I'm intimately familiar with Windows 3, 3.1, etc. I'm super comfortable
with a shell or dos prompt. I'm only simply curious as to how it's handled.