[mythtv-users] database cleaning after file loss?

Brian Sanders brian.sanders at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 11:53:30 UTC 2014

I had an issue with my recordings directory, and have lost all the
recordings that were in it.  This wasn't a mythtv issue, and now I
have the drive working and ready to continue recording.  This morning
I started wondering, does my database now have some dead entries for
the 800 gig or so of files that were on the disk?  If files are
deleted out from under a system, does any data in the database about
these now missing files ever get flushed out?

I really don't expect there to be performance implications for some
database entries to shows that don't exist.  Still I was curious if
there is a script or even a mythtv function which can help clean up
after a loss of data like this.