[mythtv-users] MythTV Mac Announcement

Sam Jacobs samlists at ijacobs.co.uk
Wed Apr 2 12:50:50 UTC 2014

On 2 April 2014 at 10:30:34, Jean-Yves Avenard (jyavenard at gmail.com) wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> This is for anyone using the mac frontend client...
>
> As you know, if you've been using the bundle applications, it meant
> you never really had a full mythtv experience: no metadata, settings
> pretty much unusable due to the use of very dark fonts the list goes
> on...

I saw your Qt commit on github, and it finally pushed me to start building my own frontend, using your awesome script :) So much easier than it used to be! I notice that the highlight colour for selected text is the same as the background colour for the text boxes, which isn’t ideal, but otherwise it’s great.

> I've finally managed to make the various side utilities (all those
> using the python bindings) to work.

Is this self contained?

> I'm not sure there's much point there days to cater for 10.6 and 32
> bits. It makes the application 60% bigger
>
> Though, running the application in 32 bits mode on some Core 2 Duo
> machine is a tad faster (about 6%) which is just enough to allow
> playing HD on those old mac.

Hmm. My fiancé has an old C2D MacBook Pro that we were planning on using in the bedroom at some point. I wouldn’t mind if you stopped including 32 bit in your binaries, as long as your script could still build them.

> Hope you like it...

Very much so :)

Thanks for all your hard work,
Sam

PS. Your script attempts to download Qt from http://releases.qt-project.org/qt4/source/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.5.tar.gz, which just redirects to http://download.qt-project.org/ . I believe that the correct location is http://download.qt-project.org/official_releases/qt/4.8/4.8.5/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.5.tar.gz .

> Jean-Yves

Sam Jacobs on MythTV 0.27, UK Freeview SD & Freesat HD, EIT-only EPG
Mac mini, MBE+FE: OS X Mavericks, bundled FE, macports BE
Acer Aspire L310, SBE: Debian testing, Elgato EyeTV for DTT Stick (Hauppauge Nova-T USB Stick in disguise!) & DVBSky S960 DVB-S2 USB

Sent with Airmail