[mythtv-users] 0.27 - Frontend locking on Video playback

Jeff Hatfield hatfield.jeff at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 20:32:33 UTC 2013

Wondering if anyone else is having this problem or knows of something to
try?

I'm running a combined FE/BE on Ubuntu 12.04 32 bit and 0.27 fixes from the
MythBuntu repository.  Using the default ATI/AMD proprietary FGLRX graphics
driver.

I recently upgraded from .25 to .26 (everything worked) and then a week
later to .27 and started to experience a problem.

When playing back video and I hit escape or the video reaches the end of
the file the Frontend locks up.  The video plays fine otherwise.

This problem happens on both live TV and recordings.  Once it locks up most
of the keys won't work.  i.e. I can't  Ctrl/Alt Right arrow to switch to
another desktop.  I can do Crtl/Alt F1 to get out to a terminal and reboot
the machine.

Needless to say the WAF is tanking (after many years of this she cringes
whenever I start talking about doing an upgrade :-).

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff