[mythtv-users] Weekly recording

Matthias Thyroff lists at thyroff.net
Fri Oct 25 17:34:03 UTC 2013

Argh, sorry, only top posting in Kaiten Mail...

I would second George - I guess my wife would enter into the profile of user who is targeted by this protection, but she is asking me where the possibilities are that she was used to using, and she is not fond of getting into manual recording rules.

Just my opinion!

George Nassas <gnassas at mac.com> schrieb:
>On 2013-10-02, at 12:03 AM, David Engel wrote:
>
>>> It seems that you can not create any new "Record one showing every
>>> week" rules, but any that are still in the database will still work,
>>> and if you open the rule, it does show the rule as being set to
>>> "Record one showing every week".  There is no filter option for
>>> "weekly".  So all the old rules are still working and recording only
>>> once a week, which is why no-one has noticed this before, but we are
>>> unable to create any new weekly rules.
>>
>> It is deliberate.  In 0.27, the record weekly (and daily) options are
>> not offered for normal recording rules.  This is to simplify things
>> for the common cases.  The options are still available for search and
>> manual recording rules.  In the OPs case, he'll probably need to
>> create a custom search rule.
>
>I just got around to trying this and am wondering how do you do handle
>the time? How does the scheduler know when the “first” showing is on a
>given day? I mean for both search and custom.
>
>Personally I would like to see the once daily and weekly return to the
>normal list. Even unsophisticated users understand what once a day
>means* so it’s hard to say who is being protected. And the scheduler is
>one of the marquee features of myth so making it more like crappy cable
>company PVRs is a step in the wrong direction. That’s my thought
>anyway.
>
>- George
>
>* = after begin hinted the showing they’re creating the rule on
>indicates the start of a day/week cycle

Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Mobiltelefon mit Kaiten Mail gesendet.