[mythtv-users] mythutil --notification

Andrew C. Stadt acstadt at stadt.ca
Sun Oct 20 14:31:35 UTC 2013

Greetings all,

Looking for some information on mythutil --notification. Been trying to
(re)create my caller id scripts, haven't played with them since
somewhere around ~0.23, also trying to teach myself python at the same
time.  I have the new script more or less working at a basic level: call
comes in, MDMF data is grabbed and displayed on all the frontends on the
network. Now looking to expand the functionality a little bit.

What I'm currently working on, is that I'd like to look up the caller
info in a database, to well, suplement the information on certain calls
(ie: fill in a name, or supply a picture, etc.).  Now mythutil
--notification takes an image argument. The help text seems to indicate
I can specify a full path (not good over the network), an http:// url
(which I guess I could use) or myth://.  I'm trying to understand the
myth:// option... can I specify a SG and put all the images somewhere
the backend can serve them up?  My google fu seems to have failed me, I
can't seem to find any info on the options/specifications for this
myth://, don't suppose someone could direct me to some documentation?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew.