[mythtv-users] Hauppauge PVR questions

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Mon Oct 14 00:31:11 UTC 2013

On 10/13/2013 11:41 AM, Jay Ashworth wrote:

> And that's patently ridiculous: how often are tuners *actually* changed
> on production machines?  Every 3 or 4 years?
>
> Cheers,
> -- jra

I think that's a totally unfair characterization. In the past 3 or 4
years I think I've made 6 or 8 changes to my tuners from going between
an analog tuner to an HD Homerun classic to an HD-PVR to an HD Homerun
Prime. My latest change was to abandon my HDHR Classics entirely and go
to a HDHR Prime only setup. On the horizon I plan on playing with an OTA
antenna with my now unused HDHR classics. I'm glad I know how to perform
the forbidden direct manipulations of the MythTV database. It's easier
that way.

The point is my tuners are changed frequently. And don't get me started
on how often I need to change the channel setups. Bah and humbug!