[mythtv-users] Lossless Transcoding problems - Is it solvable or are there other options ?

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Sat Oct 12 14:42:47 UTC 2013

On 12.10.2013 13:49, Chris Gaskell wrote:

> I'd like to try the patch but have no idea how to do that. To my
> uneducated eye it looks like code that needs to be compiled. As a
> novice, am I best to wait until a fix is rolled out or is there some
> guide I could follow?

If you are on Mythbuntu its very easy, see the second recipe at
http://www.mythbuntu.org/development/recipes

Pushing it to a PPA is a bit more work, but makes it easier for others
to also test a patch. Although first setting up an account that can push
to PPAs including all the keys is a small project on its own :)

Regards,
Karl