[mythtv-users] Lossless Transcoding problems - Is it solvable or are there other options ?

Chris Gaskell chrisgaskell_uk at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Oct 12 11:49:32 UTC 2013

George and all

Thanks for the helpful responses.  I'm encouraged to see from the link
to the suggested patch that you guys seem to be close to seeing where
the problem arises - hopefully a permanent fix will follow. FWIW, I'm in
Australia using SD DVB-T recordings.  Many things here seem to borrow
from UK standards but I don't know if that includes Freeview TV.

I'd like to try the patch but have no idea how to do that.  To my
uneducated eye it looks like code that needs to be compiled.  As a
novice, am I best to wait until a fix is rolled out or is there some
guide I could follow?

In the mean time, it seems that trying cuts at keyframes and maybe the
DVBcut script could give me a way out.  I'll see how I get on.....

Thanks guys

Chris