[mythtv-users] mythv 0.27 test packages (future RPM Fusion)

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 19:22:02 UTC 2013

On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 2:07 PM, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net> wrote:

> On 07/10/13 13:48, Richard Shaw wrote:
>
>> Latest 0.27 source RPM:
>>
>> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.**com/u/34775202/mythtv-0.27-0.**
>> 4.fc19.src.rpm<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34775202/mythtv-0.27-0.4.fc19.src.rpm>
>>
>> Includes fixes from git through last Friday.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Richard
>>

> OK.  Many thanks.  I have el6 i386 rpms built from this installed and
> running on the laptop - but the version number reported is still the
> 317d5b7 of the 0.27 release and the changelog says it's still 0.26.1-2 :-)

Yeah, I'm running both SRPMS out of the same directory structure for
rpmbuild so they're picking up the same ChangeLog but that will be fixed
with the full 0.27 release.

I've looked at the specfiles on both machines and am even more confused;
> the vers_string and gitrev for the previous build in f18 are both
> v0.27-1-g5b917e8; today's build in el6 has v0.27-20-g0536d47 and
> v0.27-1-g5b917e8. It looks as if these may be the markers for the
> same-epoch master branch.

Not sure what you mean there... The earlier srpm was v0.27-1 (one commit
from the original v0.27 tag in git) and the ver_string is what is actually
used, the _gitrev is only used when the macro "branch" is set to "master",
so ignore _gitrev. I could actually take this out of the RPM Fusion spec
file since it will never run master but I'm trying to harmonize the RPM
Fusion spec with the mythtv upstream spec.

I'm not using mock and a few remains of older builds are still around, but
> I don't see the reported mythfrontend --version in another specfile.
>
> The laptop still uses the old 'Watch Recordings' layout, too, although I
> renamed the old themecache folder, and recordings-ui.xml is the same on
> both boxes.  All rather odd.  But I do appreciate your efforts - and Myth
> seems to be working rather well.

Can't help you there...

Thanks,
RIchard