[mythtv-users] VAAPI / OpenGL and myth 0.26 - black screen on playback

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Oct 3 09:37:07 UTC 2013

On Tue, 1 Oct 2013 22:51:04 +0400, you wrote:

>Hello All,
>

>CentOS 6.4 and MythTV 0.26 with Intel Sandy Bridge video. Whenever I
>set mythfrontend to use vaapi or OpenGL, I get a black screen during
>video playback (sound works fine).

Have you checked out the latest Intel drivers and installer?  I got
VAAPI running on my laptop using the installer - it makes sure you
have a fully compatible set of software as well as the latest drivers.

https://01.org/linuxgraphics

Of course, that was on Mythbuntu 12.04 - I am not sure if they support
CentOS.