[mythtv-users] Weekly recording

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Wed Oct 2 15:00:05 UTC 2013

On 02.10.2013 09:50, Robin Gilks wrote:

>>> I may have misunderstood the problem, or your answer, but I don't see
>>> how it's an issue for the TV guide data. Stations sometimes choose to
>>> broadcast a program multiple times per week, and the guide data reflects
>>> that correctly. (BTW I'm in Australia and use guide data from a scraper
>>> called Shepherd which is extremely good).

>> I think it's unclear from the OP exactly what the failure mode is - is
>> duplicate detection failing or is it generic (or incorrect) program ID's
>> in the EPG? There have been a few previous posts on fine tuning duplicate
>> detection that may be relevant depending on the exact
>> problem.
>
> As the OP who asked the question in the first place, let me illustrate
> with an example.

I mixed up the answers for Australia and New Zealand into one mail,
confusing everyone even more. That was not my intention.

I was hoping that "external MHEG5" might be better then what MythTV
gets in NZ, but that was a dead end (no MHEG5 for SkyNZ, and for the
others it matches EIT). So the "one per week" sounds like it might be
the solution for the problem at hand.

For the AU case, where a human can identify the episode / repeats but
the machine can not, we may be able to add some fixes to improve the
situation.

And for the UK case using the high quality Radio Times guide, just make
use of it.

@AU/UK/all others: just because we have a "one per week" hammer does
not make it a good fit to screws. If you have a screw just use the
screw wrench that we also have.

Regards,
Karl