[mythtv-users] mythtv and plex

marcus hall marcus at tuells.org
Thu Nov 28 23:21:05 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 07:47:01AM +1300, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Nov 29, 2013 4:37 AM, "Phil Wild" <phil at holobyte.com.au> wrote:
> >
> > > My big problem though (and it might be related to the escape key) is
> > > that when I exit from Plex, mythtv seems to be minimised and I cannot
> > > get it to maximise. I have to kill it and start it again.
> > >
> > > Any thoughts?
> >
> > Hmmm...
> > It looks like it is a bug in Plex Home Theater...
> > See http://goo.gl/vPpDb9
> >
> > Once exiting Plex by selecting quit, if I execute killall
> > plexhometheater from the command line via ssh I get back to mythtv
> > with no issues.
>
> Why not start plex via a script that does that for you?

I would expect that it's difficult to know when to do the killall.  You would
want to do that when you exit from plex, but if plex is hanging and not
exiting, then it's hard to tell when you have exited.  And if it exited
on its own, there would be no need for the script.  The killall is just
a diagnostic tool to see if it is plex that is hanging up on the way out.

marcus hall
marcus at tuells.org