[mythtv-users] MythTV Wakeup and UEFI?

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 02:23:34 UTC 2013

On 11/26/2013 06:56 PM, Jon N wrote:
> About a year or so ago I used MythTV's Shutdown/Wakeup abilities to
> have my computer running when it needed to for recordings.  Although
> it stopped working (I  never did figure out why).  I'm hoping that
> with a brand new install on the new computer I'm putting together I
> will be able to get it working again.  I checked the MythTV Wiki (ACPI
> Wakeup) site and didn't see any reference to UEFI.  Does it affect how
> this works?

It works on a new box I'm building that has UEFI. But probably better to
test it. This is the script I used, the box should wake-up 60 seconds
after running it:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/6482187/

If it wakes up in about 3 seconds after running the script, we probably
need to talk off-list. And if that happens, run it a 2nd time and it
will will work OK.

--
Bill