[mythtv-users] After 7y5m running, time to start from scratch after update to .27?

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Nov 27 09:25:43 UTC 2013

>> If you then want to charge into that part of the map marked 'Here be Dragons', you can add port forwarding to your router for external access for mythweb,

But you **MUST** protect MythWeb from bots - eg add passworded access to Apache. If a bot crawls your recorded programs page, there's a "Delete" link for every recorded program. Similarly, there's a "Don't Record" and "Never Record" link against every rule on your Recordings Rules page. Having those crawls is likely to significantly reduce the WAF !

>> and even VPN, to access and watch your content from whereever you are.

Is there any guidance around regarding running Myth across multiple subnets ? Or (apart from making sure routing is setup correctly, and MySQL has right access permissions) is it as simple as giving the frontend the IP address of the backend and it'll figure it all out for itself ?
I'm hoping shortly to get an upgrade which will give me enough upstream bandwidth to watch remotely - and that'll save me having to download stuff to my laptop for viewing at SOs house.