[mythtv-users] analog side of hvr-1600 and hvr-2250

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Nov 27 01:58:59 UTC 2013

On 11/26/2013 06:18 PM, Doug Lytle wrote:
> fordy ydrof wrote:
>> Is anyone here successful at using the analog inputs on the hvr-1600
>> and hvr-2250?

The modules for the HVR-2250 card work properly only when loaded in the
correct stack order. Unfortunately, due to some weird set of conditions,
that does not happen. I had some recordings where the sound is very
'muddy' and muffled. I have not had that since I started forcing the
correct load order: that is, *I* do it, by a script.
One weird bit is that you have to 'unstack' the modules in the correct
(wrong) order.

Here is the chunk of script from my rc.local file which gets called at
the end of bootup.

# These steps are required to install the modules in the correct order
modprobe -r tda18271
modprobe -r s5h1411
modprobe -r saa7164
modprobe -r s5h1411
modprobe -r tda18271
modprobe -r s5h1411
echo "  Ignore FATAL error messages above if next lines are empty"
lsmod | grep tad18271
lsmod | grep s5h1411
lsmod | grep saa7164
echo "  No output means modules were properly unloaded"
modprobe  tda18271
modprobe  s5h1411
modprobe  saa7164
echo "  Modules re-loaded in proper order"

The *ANALOG* module is the saa7164 and must be last.
THEN and only THEN, you can restart myth.

So the script kills any existing myth programs, and restarts the service:

result=`ps -ae | grep mythbackend`
out=`echo $result | awk '{ print $4}'`

if [ "$out" = "mythbackend" ] ; then
     killall mythbackend
     killall mythlogserver
     killall mythcommflag
     killall mythfrontend
     rm -f /run/mythtv/backend.pid
     echo "Killed existing processes"
#    echo "Now ready to start mythbackend, with
/lib/systemd/system/mythbackend.service;"
fi

#/usr/bin/systemctl status mysqld.service
/usr/bin/systemctl start mythbackend.service
/usr/bin/systemctl status mythbackend.service

Geoff