[mythtv-users] Cablecard and myth

Tom Bongiorno tbjr at bongohut.com
Mon Nov 25 15:02:02 UTC 2013

On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 7:06 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 11:48 PM, glen <glenb at glenb.us> wrote:
> > what fcc citations ? as far as i know they are fully authorized to mark
> > shows copy once.
>
> Yes, but that is not exactly what is happening here.  What is
> happening is that there is *no* CCI specified, but there is a CGMS
> setting.  That is just broken engineering.
>
> And Comcast (corporate policy) has always been to mark
> most content CCI=unrestricted (copy freely), with the usual
> exceptions (premiums, ppv, etc.)

I have had similar problems in the past, and it is always due to local
franchise error.  The local franchise was not violating FCC policy, but
rather Comcast policy.  I always email a short detailed description the
head engineer when a problem arises, and the problem is usually fixed
within a couple hours.

-Tom