[mythtv-users] Cablecard and myth

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 00:03:46 UTC 2013

On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 11:41 PM, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> For my part, I wouldn't approach that by trying to get escalated from the
> bottom up.  I would have my FCC citations all in a row, and I would get
> the name of the division chief engineer, and call him directly.

Except that there are no FCC rules clearly appropriate here.  A
MSO *can* choose to encrypt, or *can* choose to mark content
copy-once, or *can* choose to even not set the CCI flag (some of
the choices may depend on the content provider contracts).  It is
only Comcast corporate policy that has said "we do it this way".

Btw, this only applies if the MSO in question is directly Comcast.
There was a report on-list of at least one MSO that was getting
feeds from Comcast, but flagging content "interestingly".  That
is not a Comcast issue, but the MSO.