[mythtv-users] 'Don't Record' recording rules keep appearing

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Thu Nov 21 22:01:13 UTC 2013

>> > Right!  In mythfrontend, there is no way to do a mass "Don't Record."
>> > He would have had to press SELECT and then "Don't Record" for each
>> > upcoming show.  The undo is to go to the Recording Rules screen and
>> > press
>> > DELETE for each "Don't Record" rule.
>>

>> Is there a "never record" option when the system asks to steal the
>> turner during live tv?  Perhaps he's busy watching cartoons and mythtv
>> is asking to use the tuner and he's saying "oh hell no" and telling it
>> to never record?  I don't know if that's one of the options; I have
>> had 9 tuners (5 physical, 4 virtual) for years now, so I never see
>> that dialog box.

> Not sure what he did but all I know is when I go into MythWeb and look at
> Recording Schedules every single program for the next 8 days (i'm using EIT)
> that was due to record is now set to 'Don't Record'.  He definitely isn't
> sitting there selectively setting this for each upcoming recording.  I only
> have 2 cards (PVR-150) and I do see the message they Myth is about to steal
> the card.  Could that be it?

It seems highly unlikely that this is something your kid did on a
per-episode basis.  If he made it into the upcoming recordings screen
and spammed the spacebar, it would do this but most 4 year olds aren't
gonna spam the same key over and over again.

I wonder if its not something else that's causing the scheduler to
think that the tuners are not available for the next 8 days.  Is it
possible that mythtv isn't detecting your tuner, and seeing no tuners
available the scheduler didn't schedule anything?