[mythtv-users] 'Don't Record' recording rules keep appearing

Paul Clark paul at aghast.co.uk
Thu Nov 21 21:44:06 UTC 2013

On 21 November 2013 20:57, Joseph Fry <joe at thefrys.com> wrote:

> 'Don't Record' recording rules for all upcoming recordings.  I have a
> combined FE/BE setup at home.  This has happened before and I can undo
> everything by going into MythWeb and setting each rule to record normally
> one by one.  It's very time consuming.  Is there a quick way to undo the
> damage?  I'm being outwitted by a 4 year old!

> >> I'm intrigued to know what key combination would achieve that result?
> Not sure I could do that without taking as much time as it will for you to
> undo it....
> >
> > Right!  In mythfrontend, there is no way to do a mass "Don't Record."
> > He would have had to press SELECT and then "Don't Record" for each
> > upcoming show.  The undo is to go to the Recording Rules screen and press
> > DELETE for each "Don't Record" rule.
>

> Is there a "never record" option when the system asks to steal the
> turner during live tv?  Perhaps he's busy watching cartoons and mythtv
> is asking to use the tuner and he's saying "oh hell no" and telling it
> to never record?  I don't know if that's one of the options; I have
> had 9 tuners (5 physical, 4 virtual) for years now, so I never see
> that dialog box.

Not sure what he did but all I know is when I go into MythWeb and look at
Recording Schedules every single program for the next 8 days (i'm using
EIT) that was due to record is now set to 'Don't Record'.  He definitely
isn't sitting there selectively setting this for each upcoming recording.
 I only have 2 cards (PVR-150) and I do see the message they Myth is about
to steal the card.  Could that be it?