[mythtv-users] mythmote Unable to Connect

Paul Wootton pwootton at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 15:39:39 UTC 2013

On 18 Nov 2013, at 14:38, Ian Barton <lists at wilkesley.net> wrote:

> On 18/11/13 14:33, Karl Newman wrote:
> Just tried using the ip address, rather than host name. Still no connection. Only one Wifi network here and no close neighbours, so I know it's the right one.
>
> My firewall (Shorewall) blocks all external traffic from the Internet, except selected services.

1. Have you enabled mythmote?   It's a checkbox somewhere in the frontend setuo, as I recall... [ Setup/General/Page 5/Enable Network Remote control Interface]
2. Are you running a proxy at all?  Setting http_proxy (or maybe HTTP_PROXY) globally on my frontend recently prevented mythfrontend from listening to port 6546.

-- Paul --