[mythtv-users] Jerky video

DaveD mythtv at guiplot.com
Sun Nov 17 15:14:32 UTC 2013

On 11/17/2013 01:32 AM, HP-mini wrote:
> On Sun, 2013-11-17 at 20:06 +1100, Phill Edwards wrote:
>> My video playback seems to be a bit jerky. It's not all that
>> noticeable but it seems to play - very slight pause - play - very
>> slight pause on a continuous basis. The video card is a Nvidia Geforce
>> 1GB GT210 Silent Low Profile Graphic Card HDMI DVI VGA HD.
>>
>> Recordings are SD DVB-T format.
>>
>> Any suggestions for how I can get rid of the mild jerkiness?
>>
> Bring up the OSD playback data jitterometer when playing a problem
> recording.. Check buffered data & frame timing jitter.
"jitterometer?"  I thought this was a joke, so I googled it.  Like most
thing Myth, nothing shows up in the wiki or other documentation, but it
is obviously a feature because there are lots of hits on the source for
it.  How does one invoke it?

There was another post today from someone as frustrated as myself about
where to get information.  Documentation is alway sorely out of date.
I'm guilty.  The immediate requirements are always what one works on and
catching up on the docs always seems to be the last priority and never
gets done.  Posting to this list is GREAT (thanks to all!) for solving
problems and getting info about how to do things, but it's
after-the-fact.  There are tons of features that are not obvious that
one could take advantage of if there were a CURRENT list of them somewhere.

Anyway, I'm betting the jitterometer is referred to as something else in
the docs and/or on screen.  What other features do I not know about?  (a
rhetorical question)  Are there current docs that might answer these
questions?  In addition to google, I tried grepping through the docs
that came with my distro's package (Fedora 17, Myth 0.26) and found
nothing.  Is the jitterometer a recent addition that's not in 0.26?

Dave D.