[mythtv-users] TW2815 chipset

HP-mini blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz
Thu Nov 14 18:38:55 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-11-14 at 13:25 -0500, Daryl McDonald wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 1:07 PM, HP-mini <blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz> wrote:

> >> When you say PCI do you mean PCIexpress?
> >> No, the cctv card is PCI. I was wondering if putting a HD graphics
> >> card in the PCIe x16 slot would give display with the cctv card loaded
> >> in the PCI slot. Or any other method to keep display with the cctv
> >> card installed.
> >
> > Try the BIOS setup..or do you not get any POST ?
> > In BIOS set the graphics boot priority...
> > Maybe the BIOS thinks it is a graphics device & boots it..

POST power on self test performed by BIOS.
The BIOS attempts to POST on the most likely display device or one
selected in BIOS setup.
The BIOS can often be set to do short or longer POST testing.

Almost certainly will be a mobo graphics (on-board) or discrete boot
option if (& only if) the mobo has chipset graphics..

Did you have a discrete video card plugged in previous?
Does your mobo chipset have on-board graphics ?

On re-start:
- do you get any text on screen?
- can you hit <DEL> to get in BIOS setup?
- can you hit <TAB> to see any grub linux text messages?