[mythtv-users] Audio not working... What should I check?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Mon Nov 11 14:33:56 UTC 2013

On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 9:03 PM, Leif Pihl <leif at pihl.us> wrote:
> On the screen right now is a series of 16 bar graphs.
> At the top center, it's labeled AlsaMixer v1.0.26 (maybe 28 - it's a fuzzy photo that I took; I'm in a different room.)
> Upper left corner says the following:
>    Card: HDA Intel PCH
>    Chip: Intel PantherPoint HDMI

Ok.  That means that PulseAudio is not active.

You are using the HDMI connection on the motherboard itself, not a
discrete PCI Express graphics card, is that correct?

> The bar graphs show this data, going left to right:
>    Master: 41 (bar is roughly 41-ish percent up from the bottom)

That's a little low.  I'd recommend that you bump that to 100.  I'm
not sure if it really matters with HDMI, though.

Underneath the bar, does it show OO or MM?  You want it to say OO (you
can toggle this with the m key).

Eric