[mythtv-users] New MythTV popups - Video lookup

mark perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 11 06:34:33 UTC 2013

On 11/11/13 12:57, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 11/10/2013 5:42 PM, Martin Moores wrote:

//snip//

>> Trouble is, I have no idea what video it relates to, as they popup
>> wherever you are within Mythvideo for videos in other folders. As I have
>> been clicking through my file structure, I am often clicking enter on
>> these popups by mistake, so information is getting saved for videos,
>> that may be incorrect.

Same happened to me. My first 'surf' through MythVideo was after I had
linked in my pre-existing movie collection of hundreds of movies. I
wasn't looking for anything in particular, just rapidly flicked through
20 or so movies one after the other to see what this 'MythVideo' thing
looked like.

Next thing I literally got 20 of those pop-ups in a row. I didn't quite
catch on what had happened for the first couple so just hit cancel or
something similar for the first few. Then I tried to guess the file the
popup probably related to from what I knew was in the library for the
next 5 or so. When they kept coming I assumed that it was going through
the whole library in some sort of order so went back to hitting cancel
on everything assuming I was going to have to do this a couple of
hundred times before I got through everything but it did stop after
about another dozen. After it stopped I scratched my head for a bit and
then guessed the popups only appeared for the files I had 'touched' in
my browsing / flicking but left it at that, no idea if I guessed
correctly or if there were only 20 random unmatched files in my collection.

I figure at some stage I'll lookup what the clear / reset command is and
start from scratch and see if I can work it out.

//snip//

> In either case, when
> it finds a video with multiple matches, it will pop up and ask the user
> what to do, as you are experiencing.

But which video (file) has it found multiple matches for? The popup
gives no indication. Maybe if the filename could be added to the title
bar of the popup to at least give a hint.