[mythtv-users] New MythTV popups - Video lookup

Angela angela.schmid at wolke7.net
Mon Nov 11 06:18:03 UTC 2013

> > Since upgrading to 0.27 and the new MythUI has been introduced, I am
> > seeing some odd behaviour.  Perhaps just the Mythbuntu theme I am
> using.
> >
> > As per the screenshot (http://i.imgur.com/BWrqRTq.png), these popups
> > will appear randomly when navigating through myth video, assumingly
> > asking me to choose an artwork match from multiple options?  This is
> > the screen that normally appears when there are multiple matches
> anyway.
> >
> > Trouble is, I have no idea what video it relates to, as they popup
> > wherever you are within Mythvideo for videos in other folders. As I
> > have been clicking through my file structure, I am often clicking
> > enter on these popups by mistake, so information is getting saved for
> > videos, that may be incorrect.
> >
> > What used to happen, is when there were multiple matches for a video,
> > no data was downloaded until I manually went to that video, went into
> > the info menu and selected "retrieve details".  Then, that popup would
> > appear to allow me to choose the correct video.
>
> This has been around since... 0.24? Whenever the bulk metadata updater
> was added. You can manually trigger the bulk updater, or you can have it
run
> automatically when you perform a content scan. In either case, when it
finds
> a video with multiple matches, it will pop up and ask the user what to do,
as
> you are experiencing. The bulk updater terminates when you exit the video
> library.

I have also noticed this oddity first in 0.27. After scanning for changes
metadata is updated in the background and you scroll through your movie
list, a choose film request pops up, but there is no clue which movie is
meant. In my opinion before popping up, the list pointer should move to the
movie in question, so that the initial metadata from the scan is shown.
Angela