[mythtv-users] HD programs on Comcast using HDHomeRun Prime? SOLVED

James R. Van Zandt jrvz at comcast.net
Sun Nov 10 17:51:51 UTC 2013

"Mike Carron" <jmcarron at starstream.net> writes:
> For the "pairing" browse to your HDHR and click on the CableCARD Menu and
> then look at the CableCARD Pairing. Whenever I've encountered an empty
> Subscribed Channels I've found that Host Type: was One-way RF Only. Whenever
> the Subscribed Channels list is properly populated the Host Type: is One Way
> (without the RF Only). I'm sure the Host Type is not the cause but it seems
> to be a fairly accurate indicator that all is not well.

Ah.  It shows:
> In order to start cable service
> for this device, please contact
> your cable provider
>         1-888-266-2278
>
> CableCARD ID: 000-003-562-604-3
> Host ID: 064-320-489-704-2
> Data: 115-335-820-26
>
> UnitAddress: 000-00035-62604-054
> Card S/N: MA0809CAVE15
> eCM MAC: Unknown
> Host MAC: 00:18:DD:31:A4:8E
> Host Type: One-way

I don't see "RF Only", suggesting the problem is elsewhere.

Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> writes:
> I would start over with the config.  First, go into setup->Capture Cards
> and "delete all capture cards" (not "delete all capture cards on this host").
> Same with setup->Video Sources, "delete all video sources").
> Now, start back following the wiki instructions step by step (from
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Silicondust_HDHomeRun_Prime ).

Okay, I started over.  The important difference this time is that I
filled in the "available device".  That field initially says "manually
enter IP address", which is at best unhelpful.  First, because the IP
address goes in a different field.  Second, because the correct IP
address was auto-detected.  I had figured that since the IP was
auto-detected, and the tuner number was selected in another field, I
didn't need to do anything about the "Available devices" field.  This
time, I checked for other options in that field, and found one for each
tuner.  Seems redundant to have two fields that select the tuner.

I now appear to have 303 channels, including HD versions of the
OTA channels.  Thanks, everyone!