[mythtv-users] Antenna wiring question

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Sat Nov 9 15:30:28 UTC 2013

Mark Small wrote:
> Sorry to go OT here, but you have no idea how lucky you are.  I need a 10
>foot rooftop VHF yagi to pick up 1 channel from the north and another 10 foot
>rooftop UHF yagi to pick up 2 more channels from the west.  I don't have it
>all set up yet, so I'm not even sure that I'll get the two channels from the
>west reliably.  Right now I'm just using netflix and my huge archive of
>unwatched mythtv recordings after cutting the cord.
>
>That's what I get for living in an underpopulated river valley in Canada.

That is indeed bad - and presumably satellite over there is just more of the bend over, open your wallet, locked down with DRM stuff as well ?

Posts like yours should be compulsory reading for some of the retards over here who claim that our (UK) Freeview & Freesat is sh*t, how we shouldn't have a licence fee funded broadcaster (BBC), and we should look across the water for inspiration on how TV should work !