[mythtv-users] Need to prevent SD source from picking up HD channels.

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Sat Nov 2 01:21:57 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 9:14 PM, Stefan Jones <stefan_jones at comcast.net> wrote:
> There may be more than one way to skin this cat.
>
> I just installed a HDHR Cablecard.
>
> I still have, just in case and for recording On Demand programs (e.g.,
> episode catch up), an analog card and IR blaster connected to an SD set top
> box. (I record on demand by doing a manual record; I start the record, wait
> for the IR blaster to change the channel, then manually order the on demand
> program.)
>
> Both point at the same Schedules Direct lineup. I added the HD channels
> since the HDHR can record them.
>
> Problem: Even though I edit them out from its video source channel roster,
> the HD channels get added back in when I run mythfilldatabase. And the SD
> card and STB try to tune the HD channels if I forget.
>
> Is there  a way to keep mythfilldatabase from messing up the per-source
> channel roster?

You keep one scheduled direct lineup, but create two video sources.  I
would keep the one you have for the HDHR, and create a new one for
your analog card.

You won't be able to easily keep the HD channels out of this source,
but you can mark them as "invisible" so the scheduler will never
schedule a recording on one.  The result of this is that only SD
channels will be recorded on the SD card.

Eric