[mythtv-users] Need to prevent SD source from picking up HD channels.

Stefan Jones stefan_jones at comcast.net
Sat Nov 2 01:14:05 UTC 2013

There may be more than one way to skin this cat.

I just installed a HDHR Cablecard.

I still have, just in case and for recording On Demand programs (e.g., episode catch up), an analog card and IR blaster connected to an SD set top box. (I record on demand by doing a manual record; I start the record, wait for the IR blaster to change the channel, then manually order the on demand program.)

Both point at the same Schedules Direct lineup. I added the HD channels since the HDHR can record them.

Problem: Even though I edit them out from its video source channel roster, the HD channels get added back in when I run mythfilldatabase. And the SD card and STB try to tune the HD channels if I forget.

Is there a way to keep mythfilldatabase from messing up the per-source channel roster?