[mythtv-users] custom rules didn't trigger?

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Mon May 20 16:53:14 UTC 2013

On 20.05.2013 18:21, kenkyee at yahoo.com wrote:
> Dum question, but has anyone ever had these work properly?
>
> Was on vacation for a week, so I set up recording rules for OTA HDTV.
> e.g., I added
> program.title = 'Nikita'
> as a test on Friday before I left and it recorded it fine. Came back and
> none of the rules (including the Nikita one I tested) ran :-P
> They were set to run on any channel and any day so I thought I'd come
> back and have to sort through duplicates instead of xxx  :-(

MythTV should have done the right thing over your vacation because the
scheduler does not know you're on vacation. :-)

When I want to record all of a series I just hit a random episode in
the guide and create a "record all" rule. No need for custom rules.

My suggestion is to avoid LiveTV for everything but channel surfing.
Just set up recording rules for everything and start watching as soon
as it records.

Regards,
Karl