[mythtv-users] custom rules didn't trigger?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon May 20 16:53:40 UTC 2013

On 05/20/2013 12:21 PM, kenkyee wrote:
> Dum question, but has anyone ever had these work properly?
>
> Was on vacation for a week, so I set up recording rules for OTA HDTV.
> e.g., I added
>   program.title = 'Nikita'
> as a test on Friday before I left and it recorded it fine.  Came back
> and none of the rules (including the Nikita one I tested) ran :-P

Without seeing your listings data and the specific rule you created, I
can't tell why the rule you created didn't match episodes that aired.
However, MythTV keeps your listings for about a week, and the Manage
Recordings|Previously Recorded page will show you why any show that
matches your rules recorded or didn't record.  So go in there and look
for episodes of Nikita and see what it says.

That said, why did you use a custom recording rule for a title match?
Why not use a normal, "Find an episode of the show and create a 'record
all'" rule from it?

> They were set to run on any channel and any day so I thought I'd come
> back and have to sort through duplicates instead of needing to
> download all of them :-(

I think you misspelled either "wait for a re-run" or "buy them on
iTunes/Amazon/XBox Live Marketplace/..."

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mailing_List_etiquette#Anything_else_I_should_be_aware_of.3F
(#5)

Mike