[mythtv-users] HowTo tune MySQL for schedule time and in general?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon May 6 16:08:44 UTC 2013

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 3:57 PM, David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:
>...  We'd like
> to fix that and do away with virtual tuners altogether, but it takes
> time and effort, which are usually in short supply.

It would seem to me that for at least some tuners, you will
still want to consider an option to limit the number of "virtual"
tuners, since the hardware pid filtering in a physical device
usually has limits which it is often optimal to avoid exceeding
(especially with future 65536-AQAM bit rates of over 100mb/s).
Of course when we get 65536-AQAM deployed our wristwatches
may have enough processing power to handle 100mb/s filtering....

Gary