[mythtv-users] Help debugging a consistent backend crash

Gregorio Gervasio, Jr. gregorio.gervasio at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 06:00:21 UTC 2013

> I tried to follow the debugging guide in the wiki with no luck. I am
> still having a consistent master backend crash with a segmentation
> fault but I have no idea how to find out what is causing it.
> I am running fedora 18 and a recent trunk build and I assume others
> are not having the issue or there would be more noise on the mailing
> list. Any help would be appreciated.
> Setup:
> One original hdhomerun
> One hdhr3
> Two hdpvrs
> Two fedora backend / frontend combo boxes

        Does it fail only if the slave backend is up?  I'm not sure why
it's not happening to others but I get segfaults like the one reported
here:

http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11318

I believe it's caused by a problem I reported a bit earlier:

http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11316

The patch I posted there fixes it for me.  The other reporter thinks
there is a problem with the patch, although I'm not seeing it myself.

--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.
gregorio.gervasio at gmail.com