[mythtv-users] Playing Music Streams.

Kris Jensen kris.jensen.knj at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 07:22:25 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 12:29 AM, Raymond Boettcher <
raymondboettcher at yahoo.com> wrote:

> In the official release of 0.26 this support is enabled and I can search
> for radio stations to listen too.  However, I've never been able to
> actually get it to tune to a "channel".  Now, in the lastest fixes it seems
> that you can't get into this part of MythTV at all.  I tried selecting it
> from the menu and even tried to get around that by selecting it from the
> menu inside Play Music.  So I'm assuming this option has been "disabled"
> because of the flukes with the mp3 streaming engine and/or m3u parser not
> pulling the stream feeds correctly?  (I didn't actually investigate why it
> wasn't playing the station, just giving a good stab at what maybe going on.)

It's working fine for me. using Mythbuntu 12.04 with MythTV .26 w/fixes. I
remember reading that the radio stream interface is theme dependent or some
themes just don't support it yet. Try MythCenter theme. Also in the
frontend setup page /music setting/general settings, audio device is set to
default.

Hope it helps.

What is the deal with this addon?  I like the concept and even considered