[mythtv-users] Playing Music Streams.

Raymond Boettcher raymondboettcher at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 19 05:29:31 UTC 2013

In the official release of 0.26 this support is enabled and I can search for radio stations to listen too.  However, I've never been able to actually get it to tune to a "channel".  Now, in the lastest fixes it seems that you can't get into this part of MythTV at all.  I tried selecting it from the menu and even tried to get around that by selecting it from the menu inside Play Music.  So I'm assuming this option has been "disabled" because of the flukes with the mp3 streaming engine and/or m3u parser not pulling the stream feeds correctly?  (I didn't actually investigate why it wasn't playing the station, just giving a good stab at what maybe going on.)

What is the deal with this addon?  I like the concept and even considered editing the database directly to see if I could insert some feeds manually just to get it up and running for now (assuming its the parser and not the engine in failure).

I also noticed that it searches some site I never heard of before.  I figured this would tap directly into Shoutcast or something.  Is the shoutcast site going to be available through this interface?  Are you able to build custom parsers like we use to have with MythStream from a few years back?  I was really sad to see MythStream go away.  Just as I got around to writing some really decent parsers for that plugin, then the plugin blew up and went away (somewhere around 0.24.0 if I remember correctly, due to UI or API changes I think?).

Anyhow, just wondering...

Raymond Boettcher