[mythtv-users] How to remove "Upcoming Recordings"

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Tue Jan 8 08:19:35 UTC 2013

Arun Khan wrote:

>I have scheduled programs manually using the front end.  In the
>process I have messed up the timing and a few show conflicts.
>
>I would like to start with a "clean slate" by removing all the
>"upcoming scheduled recordings" already in the system.
>
>I have looked around in the frontend and also searched; I have found
>that it is possible to delete already recorded events.

MythWeb is quite good for this sort of thing - do it in your web browser, have multiple windows/tabs open, real keyboard, etc.

Bring up the list of upcoming recordings, and then you can just click on the buttons to delete individual ones - but see below.

If you want to delete upcoming recordings that are selected by rules, then you would be best editing/deleting the rule - again all listed on one page in MythWeb (on the Recordings Schedule) tab. Rather than deleting a rule, there is a checkbox (may need to expand the advanced options section) to disable it - it's still there and can be reactivated, but it's not actually processed. You'll find that all your manual recordings will be listed hear as separate rules (they are deleted after recording).
If you delete an individual future recording, then you'll find that a new rules will appear on the Recordings Schedule page over-riding the rule that first scheduled it to record.

Also from the Upcoming Recordings page, you can click on a program name and it will bring up the recording rule - the same as selecting it from the Recordings Schedule page. If you click on the program title in the recording rule page, you'll get a list of all showings of that title, with different borders to show which are going to be recorded, have already been recorded, are duplicates and a different showing is to be recorded, etc.