[mythtv-users] How to remove "Upcoming Recordings"

Arun Khan knura9 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 07:18:47 UTC 2013

MythTV setup as follows:
OS - Debian Squeeze (amd64) stock kernel 2.6.32

$ mythfrontend --version
MythTV Version   : v0.24.2
MythTV Branch    :
Network Protocol : 63
Library API      : 0.24.20110505-1
QT Version       : 4.6.3
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_oss using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_dvb using_frontend using_hdhomerun
using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_lirc
using_mheg using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus
using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11 using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_mythtranscode using_opengl
using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg

I have scheduled programs manually using the front end.  In the
process I have messed up the timing and a few show conflicts.

I would like to start with a "clean slate" by removing all the
"upcoming scheduled recordings" already in the system.

I have looked around in the frontend and also searched; I have found
that it is possible to delete already recorded events.

There is no mention about deleting upcoming schedules in the wiki documentation
<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:Manage_Recordings#Upcoming_Recordings>

I would appreciate any pointers to be able to remove all the upcoming
recordings either through the frontend or through a script.

TIA
-- Arun Khan