[mythtv-users] bulk run of mythcommflag (wrapper)

Gavin Whitehead gavin at alabastercranium.demon.co.uk
Sun Feb 24 11:06:13 UTC 2013

On 23/02/2013 15:45, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 2/23/2013 10:10, Gavin Whitehead wrote:
>> Given that the mythcommflag-wrapper.sh script is expecting entries on
>> the job queue is there a way I can run the flag commercials job for all
>> my recordings?
>
> mythcommflag --queue
Thanks for that, but it hasn't quite worked out.  Running 'mythcommflag
--help' it says

"--queue    Insert flagging job into the JobQueue, rather than running
flagging in the foreground"

Nothing about which jobs will end up running.  Anyway I gave it  a try
and it did indeed queue up a lot of commflagging jobs.  After is had
completed (several hours) I checked my recordings and not everything had
been commflagged.
Interrogating the database with commands of the form

      SELECT COUNT(commflagged) FROM recorded WHERE commflagged=n;

revealed

n=0   (Not flagged)   -> count = 220
n=1   (Done)              -> count = 196
n=3   (commfree)     -> count = 70

So I'm assuming that 'mythcommflagged --queue' is checking something
else as well as 'recorded.commflagged'.
Any ideas?

Gavin